I know you want to see someone BREAK A DIVING BOARD because that’s what this post is really about. Be my guest and fast-forward to about 1:30 to watch and then move the slider back to 1:30 and watch and giggle, close the tab and go back to work making LOLcats or whatever it is you all do on the internet.
This video is 4 minutes because I love this footage and I’m indulgent. These are my memories. This is a moving picture catalogue of good times past.
- After the title, in about the first 3 seconds you’ll witness a 17-year-old me
- The dare to jump off the diving board (on a cold and wintry Southern California Saturday, March 1st 2003) is made using a Blink-182 reference. Lee says to Daniel, “take off your pants… and jacket”
- Danny replies, “wind will come out of my butt”
- I’m holding the camera for the rest of the video, and when I say, “look at this pool, it’s beautiful” I sound like Charlyne Yi – who hadn’t been created yet back in 2003.
- Although my friends are laughing moments before the incident, they had NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE that the diving board would break.
- Immediately after Daniel (the would-be diver) breaks the board he runs to a corner by the fence and starts urinating. Lee points at him in disbelief.
- Nobody featured in this video lived at the house we were filming at and consequently nobody in the video owned the diving board. Such delinquents.
- Stay tuned for the end. Two words: slow motion.
*This video also features the Stellar Verne songs “Phone In Japan” “I Like My Women Bald, But Not Down There” and “Kyle’s Cell”.